Thursday, November 10, 2011

Create!

So often I find inspiration in unexpected places, during inconvenient times or from people who don't even realize they are helping me think "out of the box". I originally saw the "Keep Calm and Carry On" inspirational saying on a pillow at an aquaintence's home. I liked it, but was unable to decide how, when or why, I would use it. After I made the coastal style coffee table for my husband, I gained inspiration from the plank-style I used for the top of the table. I decided to build a similar style decorative piece to carry the theme to another area of our home. Since we have an open concept house, the perfect room for this piece is the kitchen. I do all my creating, whether it's cooking, baking, crafting or blogging, in my kitchen. OH...how I love my kitchen!! Someday it will be EXACTLY as I want it and I will take you on the "journey to the perfect kitchen" with me! I'll be doing a lot of staying calm, creating AND carrying on while I am taking on the massive projects of refinishing cabinets, tiling backsplashes, and creating perfect lighting...etc. etc. BUT, for now, my cool sign will do! Tutorial to come another night. xoxoxo




I've Linked to the Following Parties!







Stuff and Nonsense




vif187


Somewhat Simple

7 comments:

  1. Super charming~ love how it turned out and your spin on the saying. Thanks for sharing it at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great...I like your version the best :). Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! Welcome to blogging! I love the font you are using on your blog page.

    I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-Just wanted you to know I spotlighted your create sign on my blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire! What an honor and a surprise. Thank you!!!! I've taken several weeks off from blogging because I've been very ill and hospitalized twice over the Holidays. I've been promising myself I would make myself get back to it this upcoming week. Your comment and post are just the push I need! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Sondra- New follower after seeing you spotlighted on claire's blog. Would love a return follow if you like to http://imnotatrophywife.com laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I will take a look! Thanks for visiting and please stop back. I will be back up and running this week, I hope. If you look at my reply to Claire's comment above, I give a brief explanation. Thanks again!

      Delete